Sunday, November 1, 2015

Etude House Eyeshadow Review

Hi hi!!! I, finally, received some of my Etude House eyeshadows in the mail! I think I did well choosing the colors online.




In my Etude House Palette Review, I explained that I had ordered 8 eyeshadows to put in my palette, but I hadn't received them yet. Well due to some difficulties, they were shipped late and I am still waiting on 2 more eyeshadows to pop up in the mail.

They come in acrylic cases, and originally had a safety seal on them to show they were unused. The front has the swiggly lines with Look at written on the bottom and the back just has a silver sticker with the name of the shadows. Be careful with opening these, because a couple of them were a little tricky to open.

In this shipment, I have 3 eyeshadows from the "Look at my Eyes Cafe" series and 3 from the original "Look at my Eyes" series. The cafe shadows are matte and named after cafe items, such as drinks and treats. The originals, have shimmer and glitter to them, so they look a bit metallic. There is, also, another series, "Look at my Jeweling Eyes", which contains loads of glitter for a sparkling effect, but I didn't order those. The actual shadows have this cute heart pattern printed on them, that I was scared to mess up, but with multiple swatches they survived, so I'm sure it'll take a lot to lose the pattern.

Cafe Left to Right: PK003 Berry Berry Soda, PK004 Deep Berry Soda, PP501 Purple Sweet Potato Latte

PK003 Berry Berry Soda

This shade is a matte hot pink. Very in your face and pigmented. Perfect as an accent color. This is going to get a lot of use when summer rolls around.

PK004 Deep Berry Soda

This is the shade I was most excited for! It is a wonderful matte burgundy, super pigmented, and the perfect color for fall and winter. I've been looking for a burgundy shade to wear everyday and this is it. I feel like I could even wear this as a blush.

PP501 Purple Sweet Potato Latte

This shade was a blind buy. as I didn't know if I'd like it. Turns out, I love it! Its a matte grey taupe with a hint of purple. I usually hate taupes, but this one is gorgeous, because the purple in it does't leave it looking so meh. But out of all of these matte shadows, this one has a slight shimmer to it in the pan, but when placed on the skin there is no shimmer. I'm guessing it was placed to keep the formula of this one smooth. 

Original Left to Right: BR408 The Last Leaf, PP505 Cotton Flannel Dress, RD302 Piquant Wild Burgundy

BR408 The Last Leaf

This shade was ,also, a bit of a blind buy. I couldn't tell online what shade of brown this was, but I'm soooo glad i bought it. It is a glittery reddish-brown, making it very close to my skin tone. This makes it my favorite everyday all over the lid color, because it just adds a shine to my eyes, so I don't always have to think up elaborate eye makeup looks. I just need this and some eyeliner.

PP505 Cotton Flannel Dress

This turned out to be a dark burgundy, almost purple shade. It would be very cute to deepen up the lower lashline and add some glitter. It's very pretty in the light.

RD302 Piquant Wild Burgundy

This shade is more is a very red burgundy. It just depends on the lighting. Its full of shimmery glitter, to make the eyes pop. This would pair well with a bomb, red lipstick. 

Swatches

Cafe Left to Right: PK003 Berry Berry Soda, PK004 Deep Berry Soda, PP501 Purple Sweet Potato Latte

Original Left to Right: BR408 The Last Leaf, PP505 Cotton Flannel Dress, RD302 Piquant Wild Burgundy

Thoughts

These eyeshadows are magnificent!! They are affordable, as you can find them for about $4, even though I purchased mine off ebay for $6, and they are great quality. These shadows are not chalky or cheap feeling, they go on smoothly and buttery, and are very pigmented. But, if you need more color, they are buildable. Seeing as I'm dark skin, the more pigment, the better. 

Etude House has a wide range of colors and finishes, so its very easy to find what you're looking for. There are, also, palettes you can buy to fill them with, making for easy storage. The shadows are easy to depot, as you just need to peel back the sticker on the back and push through the little hole with a bobby pin. I'm very happy with the colors I chose, so I know these are going to get a lot of use.

Pros

  • Smooth, buttery
  • Pigmented
  • Wonderful shade selection with multiple finishes
  • Versatile

Cons

  • Purchase Online (if not where you live)
  • Shadows' packaging can be hard to open, stiff

Ratings

Price: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Packaging: 4,5/5
Overall: 4.8/5

Can be purchased HERE

Fall Eye Look






Steps

  1. BR408 all over the lid
  2. PK004 in the crease and outer corners, as well as the lower lashline
  3. PP505 in the outer corner and lower lashine
  4. Etude House Bling Bling stick in Ivory in the inner corners and lower lashline
  5. Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner in Deep Black
  6. Urban Decay Eyeliner pencil in Crave on lower lashline
  7. Dolly Wink Volume mascara and Maybelline the Collassal mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment