Monday, December 21, 2015

Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Plum Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hi hi!!!! I finally got my Shu Uemura holiday palette!! It's so cute!





This is Shu Uemura's 2015 holiday palette in collaboration with Maison Kitsune. It's inspired by East and West make up trends, mixing the smokey eye with blushing cheeks. It's priced at $65, which is fine for the quality of the shadows.
Initially comes in this box.


And here's the back of the palette.

Inside is a large mirror to do your makeup with just the palette.

Inside there are 7 eyeshadows (3 sparkle, 4 shimmer) and a blush. Initially covered with a plastic sheet.

You receive a dial foot applicator.
And a dual sided brush.
The shadows are labeled P1, P2, P4, and P5 with .04oz of product. Then P3, P6, and P7 with .03 oz. The blush is glow on G2  with .15oz.
P1, P2, and P3
 P1: A gourgeous burgundy with a slight sheen
P2: A metallic, dark silver
P3: Metallic silver with a hint of purple
P4, P5, and P6
 P4: Silver, filled with micro-glitter
P5: Gold lustre with micro-glitter (I'm actually allergic to this shade, so I can't use it T.T)
P6: Glittery pink, mostly glitter with little to no color
P7 and Glow on G2
P7: Glittery orange, mostly glitter, with little to no color
G2: Light orange blush, but it's too light so I can only use it as an eyeshadow with a base or I'll just look ashy

Thoughts

I love this palette! It's perfect for winter looks! The first 4 shadows are extremely pigmented and all of them apply like butter. The glitter shades are more for adding accent glitter, because of how sheer they are, but the glitter is gorgeous on the eye and perfect for party looks. I'm a little disappointed about the orange blush, since I was looking forward to it, but of course  it's too light. I'll just use it as a base for the orange glitter. I think that this holiday palette was worth it, cute and functional. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this.

The Situation

So, I had to purchase this palette off of Ebay for a higher price. Here's what happened. I purchased both the plum and indigo palette's from Shu Uemura's official site in November during their annual sale. But, I had used Paypal, which was my downfall. When I purchased the items, Paypal sent me an email saying that the order was pending and that the business had to finish the transaction on their side. I waited a whole week for Shu Uemura to finish the transaction, but nothing happened. So, I sent them an email on their Contact Us page, and waited another week. They sent a "We'll respond shortly", but they didn't respond at all. So, I called their company and guess what, no answer. I called during business hours almost everyday for a week, getting no response. Every time, it would just say that the lines are busy, so call at a different time and didn't even let me wait on the line nor leave a message. So, being desperate and upset, because these are limited edition, I sent another email to their Paypal business, BeautyCL, with no response, other than the "We'll respond shortly", and sent another message to Shu Uemura's page stating how much of a hassle I was going through. Lo and behold, I get a message 3 days later of a copy and paste list of the FAQ's. I was just so angry because I've obviously looked at the FAQ's to fix my problem, but their was no answer for Paypal help. I needed an actual person. I sent another message, telling how frustrated I was, and how the Customer Service was practically nonexistent. So, another 3 days go by and I finally receive an email from a real person. They tell me that they need my order number, but I obviously didn't have an order number because my transaction was not completed. I had written that in all of my messages before, so to ask me that made me wonder if they even read my past messages. I sent a reply with the email Paypal sent me, that stated that they had to finish the transaction and that that's why I don't have an order number, because they didn't process my order. So, another 3 days pass, and I get an email saying that my card was declined, sorry. But, I knew that wasn't possible because I had money specifically on the card I used for this purchase, SPECIFICALLY THERE FOR THIS PURCHASE. So, I checked the site and realized the plum palette was sold out. I put two and two together and realized that they didn't want to process my order now because they didn't actually have the merchandise to fulfill it and that's why they needed an excuse to not process my order. I sent a very passive aggressive email in response about how disappointed I was that the Customer Service was of no help to me and that they need to fix that, especially since their still new to Paypal services. So, after all of that, I told myself to never purchase from their site with Paypal again, ever, and if I can get it for a good price elsewhere, get it there instead. I'm telling you, this situation was just terribly annoying and frustrating, to the point where I won't be purchasing from them for a good while.

TLDR
Don't buy from their site using Paypal, because if there's a problem, you will be getting no help. 

Pros

  • Pigmented shadows
  • Cute packaging and color selection
  • Travel friendly

Cons

  • Allergic to one shadow (Personal)
  • Don't ever purchase with Paypal (NEVER AGAIN)

Results

Price: 4/5
Quality: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Overall: 4.5/5

Eye Look



Steps:

  1. Place P2 all over the lid.
  2. Apply P3 to the very center of the lid.
  3. Apply P1 to the outer corners of the eye and 3/4 of the lower lash line.
  4. Apply Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick in  to the inner corners and underneath the lashline.
  5. Apply Dolly Wink eyeliner in Deep Black to the outer corner only, making a small wing.
  6. Apply Maybelline mascara and done!


No comments:

Post a Comment